Revised & Effective on
A. LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE
Wintec Industries warranty the products as defined in Section B below to be free from defects in workmanship and materials, under normal use and service, for the applicable warranty term to the original purchaser. Warranty coverage begins on the date printed on the Wintec Sales Invoice. All warranty returns must be received on or before the warranty expiration date.
B. COVERED PRODUCTS & WARRANTY PERIOD
- Wintec OEM Memory Modules (DRAM) Five Year Warranty
- Wintec OEM Embedded Flash Products (CF, CFAST, eUSB, SD, microSD, USB) Two Year Warranty*
- Wintec OEM Solid State Drives (SSDs – 2.5”,1.8”, M.2, mSATA, Slim SATA) Two Year Warranty*
* Covered by one of the following periods, whichever occurs first: (i) two year from the date of purchase by the original end user customer or (ii) until the date when the usage of the drive as measured by Wintec’s implementation of the SMART attribute 231 “SSD Life Remaining” reaches a normalized value of one (1).
C. PRODUCTS WITH NO WARRANTY COVERAGE
- Software (included Microsoft)
- Cables & Auxiliary Accessories
D. VOID OF WARRANTY
- All warranties are voided if:
- there is evidence of tampering or attempted repair of parts.
- rework of any parts without written consent from Wintec.
- user abuse.
- accident, misuse, natural or personal
- removal or defacement of the products’ serial number from the products.
- Warranty for memory modules is void if label is removed.
- Warranty is also voided on products physical damage through shipping and/or improper packing.
E. WARRANTY PROCEDURE
- The original purchaser must first obtain a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number from Wintec before sending the defective product.
- The RMA number is only valid or active within the days indicated on the RMA Service Requistion Form.
- All defective products MUST be returned within the RMA active period, otherwise the RMA number will be voided & return package will not be accepted.
F. RMA REQUEST PROCEDURE
- Fill out a Wintec RMA Service Requisition 112 Form email RMA request form to WintecRMA@wintecind.com.
- All requested information must be entered.
- Wintec will normally issue an RMA number within 48 hours after receiving the request unless the request is more than 10 items and/or the information provided is incomplete or incorrect.
- Customers need indicate the specific problems or return reasons for each item returned.
- Pack & ship the defective product(s) to Wintec according to the following instructions in Section G.
G. RETURN SHIPPING AND PACKING INSTRUCTIONS
- Enclose one copy of Wintec RMA requisition Form with the valid RMA number issued by Wintec.
- Customers do not need to return cables & accessories with returned product, unless specially requested by Wintec RMA Department or are applying for credit.
- All customers’ labels, adhesives & markings on the returned product must be completely removed before returning the product to Wintec. Otherwise a service handling charge will be applied.
- Customers must properly pack & pay all freights for the returned goods. COD or “Call Tag” will not be accepted.
- Reference the RMA number in block bold print on the outside of the box and on all paperwork.
- For multi-packed box, please reference each RMA number.
- Wintec Receiving will refuse to accept any returns without a visible valid RMA number on the outside of the box.
H. WINTEC OR CUSTOMER MISTAKE RETURN POLICY
- Sales key in wrong item, Customer orders wrong item, or Logistics ship wrong package must be reported to Wintec RMA department within 7 days of Wintec invoice date in order to obtain an RMA number.
- Any product incorrectly drop-ships from 3rd party must be reported to Wintec RMA department within 7 days of Wintec invoice date & damage must be reported within 24 hours.
- All items MUST BE returned in UNOPENED, FACTORY SEALED, UNUSED in original manufacturer box and condition with all manuals, software, cables & accessories. Otherwise NO CREDIT WILL BE ISSUED and customer is subject to restocking charge.
I. REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT
The repair or replacement of any product is at the sole decision of Wintec. Wintec will first obtain customer approval if substitution of parts will be necessary; however, Wintec reserves the right to substitute an equivalent product. In all cases, Wintec must receive the returned items before any replacement items can be sent out.
J. NO TROUBLE FOUND (N.T.F.) POLICY
If any product returned for the service is determined N.T.F. (No Trouble Found) by Wintec or the manufacturer, the return freight & service charge may be billed to customer.
K. DEAD ON ARRIVAL (D.O.A.) DEFINITION and POLICY
Dead On Arrival is defined for the following products:
Memory Modules Within 7 days of Wintec Sales Invoice
Storage Devices Within 7 days of Wintec Sales Invoice
- All D.O.A. returns MUST be received by Wintec within 3 business days (7 business days for International) from the original RMA# issued date or the returns will be processed as a Standard RMA.
- D.O.A. Replacement will normally be processed within 5 working days, if replacement stock available, after
receiving the defective Products from customer.
- If the replacement product is not available, Wintec reserves the right to replace an equivalent product or issue Credit with the current market value of the product.
- In no case shall the credit value exceed the product’s original price as indicated on the Sales Invoice.
L. DISCREPANCY OR SHIPPING DAMAGE CLAIM POLICY
Customer MUST claim the discrepancy (items, quantity) or shipping damage to Wintec RMA Department within 24 hours of receiving the shipment.
M. CREDIT POLICY
- Credits will be issued if the receipt is within 30 days of purchase.
- All other returns will be subject to Repair/Replacement Policy above.
- No Credit will be issued for the defective items unless replacement parts are not available.
N. GENERAL INFORMATION
- This warranty policy is only effective for those merchandises sold in the United States (unless specified) & may be modified as necessary without notice.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights & you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Please contact Wintec RMA department at (510) 953-7400 for information